Restore Dental Form and Function with Full Mouth Reconstruction
Patients who are suffering from the effects of poor oral health may require more than one procedure to restore full dental form and function. A full mouth reconstruction combines several restorative treatments into one treatment plan. Whether you have suffered dental trauma or your oral health has been neglected for some time, Dr. Eric B. Fisher can perform an extensive evaluation to determine which procedures will be necessary to restore your oral health. At our Plainview, NY, practice, we will do all we can to help you receive the treatment you need to achieve a healthy smile in a warm and comforting environment. For this reason, we offer a number of sedation options to our patients who will need to undergo significant or lengthy procedures.
A Comprehensive Approach to Oral Health
While many patients only need the occasional filling or crown, some patients suffer from multiple ongoing oral health issues that can negatively impact their quality of life. A full mouth reconstruction consists of a combination of restorative procedures used to rehabilitate the function, health, and appearance of your smile. Specific treatment will be entirely dependent on the needs of each individual patient. Full mouth reconstruction may include:
- Dental Implants
- Root Canal Therapy
- Periodontal Treatment
- Tooth Extractions
Benefits of Full Mouth Reconstruction
Restorative treatments can drastically improve your oral and overall health. The advantages of full mouth reconstruction include:
- Improvement in Oral Health: Full mouth reconstruction treats a myriad of oral health issues, including tooth decay and gum disease. By addressing these problems, the bacteria levels in your mouth are significantly reduced, resulting in a healthy smile.
- Increased Function: If your teeth, bite, and jaw joints are not working properly, problems can worsen over time, affecting your ability to eat, chew, and speak normally. Many patients cannot eat their favorite foods or experience pain when eating. Full mouth reconstruction can address these issues and help you enjoy your favorite foods once again.
A full mouth reconstruction consists of a combination of restorative procedures used to rehabilitate the function, health, and appearance of your smile.
- Enhanced Aesthetics: Though function and health are the primary objectives of full mouth reconstruction, you could also enjoy aesthetic benefits. Whether you replace missing teeth or repair existing ones, full mouth reconstruction can bring beauty to your smile and give you a welcome boost in confidence.
- Improved Quality of Life: Restorative treatments offer improved comfort and renewed self-esteem. Patients who undergo full mouth reconstruction are often able to eat the foods they love, speak with confidence, and smile brightly.
Your Full Mouth Reconstruction Process
The treatments included in a full mouth reconstruction will vary for each patient. Carefully assessing your needs, Dr. Fisher can help you determine which combination of restorative treatments is right for you. When you undergo full mouth reconstruction at our practice, you can expect your treatment to include:
- Initial Consultation: During your examination, Dr. Fisher will assess the overall health of your teeth and gums. Using the latest in dental technology, digital x-rays and scans will be taken to evaluate the jawbone, and temporomandibular joints (TMJ). Dr. Fisher will speak with you at length to better understand your personal goals before making any treatment recommendations.
- Treatment Planning: Once the initial records have been gathered, the treatment planning process can begin. Taking your specific situation into account, Dr. Fisher will create a personalized plan that can effectively meet your needs. You will be presented with information regarding your case, including treatments, timeline estimates, and financing options.
- Reconstructive Treatment: When you and Dr. Fisher have determined which course of action to take, your treatment process can begin. Treatment times will vary with each case. Our team will do all we can to make sure you are informed and comfortable throughout the duration of your treatment. Prior to beginning any treatment, we can provide a number of sedation options, including nitrous oxide or oral conscious sedation.
- Final Result: Once your treatment is complete, you could have a beautiful, healthy, and functional smile. Dr. Fisher will give you specific instructions about how to care for your new restorations, so you can maintain your brilliant new smile for years to come.
We understand that exploring payment options can be an overwhelming task. Our team of can help you determine a plan that fits your budget. Dr. Fisher is dedicated to making quality dental care affordable for the community, and as a result, he offers CareCredit® to assist patients with the cost of treatment.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If you are suffering from poor oral health or have multiple dental problems, we urge you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Fisher to find out if full mouth reconstruction is an option for you. Contact us online, or call our office at (516) 942-4440 to make your appointment today.